Steward Supervisor - Hòa Lạc Campus
Reporting to: Executive Chef, Chief Steward
Number of direct reports: Stewards
- To assist the Chief Steward in charge of the day-to-day steward operation in TH School.
Areas of Responsibility
- Helps to direct, control and coordinate the activities of all stewards, engages in cleaning and ensures an efficient, profitable and smooth operation all times.
- Assists the Executive Chef and Chief Steward to control costs by minimizing the use of chemical products, water and electric consumption.
- Checks the quality and quantity of China, silver and operational equipment.
- Is always looking for cost-saving and environmentally friendly ideas.
- Operates the outlet at an acceptable operation and staff cost.
- Maximizes employee productivity in order to minimize payroll cost.
- Monitors all stewarding operating costs and takes corrective action when necessary to reduce expenses.
- Assists with annual budgeting for operating equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Establishes cleaning schedules for the kitchen, canteen, back-of-house areas and equipment.
- Cleans and oversees cleaning of all designated areas.
- Carries out monthly operating equipment inventories to establish stock and re-order for equipment, and maintains par stocks.
- Ensure that all machines, equipment and utensils are clean and in working condition at all times.
- Check all assigned areas with regards to sanitation and hygiene to prevent contamination of any kind.
- Ensure that the kitchen is always in a safe condition so as to prevent accidents.
- Responsible for the flow of information down the chain of command to the level of assistants.
- Assists the Executive Chef and Chief Steward in functions or set-ups.
- Maintains good relations with all departments to avoid frictions of any kind.
- Maximize employee productivity and morale, whilst consistently maintaining discipline, following school guidelines and local legislation.
- Motivate all staff through professionalism, organizational skills and team spirit to perform their duties.
- Ensure all staff is in proper uniform, well-groomed and properly disciplined.
- Reports all accidents.
Minimum academic/professional qualifications
- Vietnamese national
- Basic knowledge of English
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a 5-star hotel
- Health and Safety Certificate
- 2 years experience as a supervisor of 10 or more direct reports
- Must have experience in Inventory Taking, Chemical Usage, Dishwashing Operation, Equipment Knowledge and Preparation
Competencies (knowledge, skills & abilities)
- Able to identify the different type of glassware, chinaware, and flat wares. Able to prepare equipment based on function sheets.
- Able to implement work simplification and sanitation; making specific corrections and recommendation necessary for optimum departmental performance.
- Flexible, Team Oriented, Good Planner, Adaptable.
- Team spirit and good personal hygiene standards.
- Knowledge of Word & Excel
- Excellent appearance and presentation
- Positive can-do attitude
- Strong personality
- Works well under pressure and able to work long hours if required