Chief Steward - Hòa Lạc Campus
Chief Steward cum Hygiene Manager
Reporting to: Executive Chef
Number of direct reports: Steward Sup, Steward team members
- In charge of the day-to-day steward operations in the school
- Should be able to communicate with municipality and HACCP auditors, suppliers, etc.
Areas of Responsibility
- To assist the Executive Chef in managing the Stewarding Department, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times.
- To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates, implementing Multi-Tasking principles and to check their performance periodically.
- To be a hands-on Manager and be present at all times in the Operation.
- To establish and strictly control inventories and to the par stocks in the operation for all operating equipment and to ensure that the outlets are adequately equipped.
- To conduct monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- To control the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
- To conduct daily pre-shift briefings to employees on outlet activities.
- To liaise with the Kitchen on daily operations, quality, and breakage control.
- To ensure that each outlet of the kitchen is supplied with clean and dry operating equipment.
- To ensure that the food production areas are supplied with clean and dry kitchen utensils.
- To supervise cleaning contractors in kitchen and back-of-house areas.
- To ensure that back-of-house cleaning schedules and garbage runs are strictly adhered to and areas are cleaned according to the established standards.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all kitchen equipment needs.
- To be demanding and critical when it comes to service standards.
- To handle student and employee inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report students' complaints or problems to the Executive Chef if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with students.
- On a daily basis, check all the outlets and canteen to make sure HACCP standards are followed, with action taken immediately when necessary.
Minimum academic/professional qualifications
- Vietnamese national
- 3 years experience as a Supervisor of 20 or more people who are direct reports. Must have experience in Conducting Performance Appraisals, Inventory Taking, Equipment Purchases, Chemical Usage, Dishwashing Operation, Equipment Knowledge and Preparation
- Must have HACCP knowledge, Health and Safety Certificate
Minimum of 5 years experience in a 5-star hotel or similar style property
Full understanding of HACCP, able to train stewarding team members to follow the correct procedures
Competencies (knowledge, skills & abilities)
- Able to identify the different type of glassware, chinaware, and flat wares. Able to prepare equipment based on function sheets. Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Able to implement work simplification and sanitation; making specific corrections and recommendations necessary for optimum departmental performance.
- Flexible, Business Acumen, Team Oriented, Good Planner, Adaptable.
- Excellent appearance and presentation
- Positive can-do attitude
- Strong personality
- Works well under pressure and able to work long hours if required